operations and undercurrents over * off paper

Thursday, June 30, 2011

1.

I can take it because when the heat is bursting through I can take hands by their voices under the dappled canop and do a singing game.

Violins hang around the tall white stump. Lightning storm? You always wonder what killed it. What kills anything. I bet it was pollution. I bet it was table rot. I bet it was wishing to be a deer,

(& wished so hard that tree turned dead, turned itself into a pile of wood rot, fell over, termites ate it, plants took over, somehow ended up in a deer - rejoined the foodchain hoofed.) I don't think it is a chain. I don't think it is a game. THIS IS ERR.

I think reincarnation is obviously true, just not how they say, and maybe, without meaning to, we leave our soulprints all over everything we ever touch anyway so that's where our soul goes and that's where it ends. Doesn't mean it can't get picked up and borne along, just means our idea of a "whole thing" that passes is preemptive nostalgia from a ghost-place that we'll never be!

2.

I can take it when fireflies ache into my corneas with every neon stab they send. I see them coalesce into the trees. I see them fill the trees with urgency. Coupled with the urgency o that very tree, it is basically a party.

No comments: